Bus fares on the Sapphire Coast will drop from today thanks to results of an independent review of fares in NSW rural and regional areas.
Under the new pricing structure a single journey one-way fare from Eden to Pambula will drop from $9.20 to $4.90.
The Independent Pricing and Review Tribunal (IPART) says the new fare scaling system provides a more equitable fare relative to Sydney metropolitan areas and other states. It will also help increase the number of passengers able to access regional bus services.
Sapphire Coast Buslines Managing Director Jamie Klemm welcomes the move, describing it as a ‘win win’.
“This is a great initiative for customers and mitigates a major financial barrier for people who may want to use the bus but could not afford to do so,” she said. “For example NDIS customers have a travel allowance as part of their package and this change allows them to do more for less. This is a win-win situation.”
Mrs Klemm says she hopes the change will increase passenger numbers on their 23 daily route services to enable the bus company to can sustain and grow their services over the next 12 months.
The more people we have on our buses, the better the services we are able to provide.
For Sapphire Coast Buslines the changes will:
- Reduce the maximum fare levels by an average of 29% for almost all single journeys.
- Maintain fare levels for the shortest journeys at their current level.
- Maintain the current section-based fare structure for single journeys.
- Simplify the fare structure by consolidating the current 220 fare sections into 10 fare bands.
- Introduce a Daily Ticket type for each of the 10 fare bands.
Mrs Klemm says Sapphire Coast Buslines is committed to providing safe, reliable and accessible transport in the area.
“We work closely with Transport NSW and Minister for Transport and Member for Bega Andrew Constance to ensure our customers receive a higher level of service and that our transport assets are used more efficiently. We are continually exploring all areas where we can be part of a broader focus on improving the state’s transport systems.”
- Click HERE for Sapphire Coast Buslines route service timetables.
- Happy holidays! Introducing the Flexibus Pass for unlimited travel these school holidays
- Planning a Successful Group Tour with Sapphire Coast Buslines
- Introducing the new Yutong mini charter coach– perfect for day tours, school excursions, group charters and weddings
- Easter Break
- Back to School Bus Travel Information
- Australia Day Public Holiday
- Hops Farm & Gin Tasting Tour
- Paint & Sip on the Sapphire Coast
- Ideas for senior tours and day trips on the Sapphire Coast
- Heading to the Wanderer Festival? Travel in comfort with Sapphire Buslines
- Christmas & New Year Bus Timetable
- Temporary Road Closure, Church Street Bega.
- Bus Training Program & Cert III in Driving Operations
- Don’t overtake turning buses
- “DO NOT OVERTAKE TURNING VEHICLE” Road Rule Change
- Main Street Bus Stops Now Open
- Bus Driver Training Program 2021
- Don’t forget your Bus Pass kids!
- Main Street Bus Stops Temporarily Closed
- Bus Stop Changes for SCB & Flexibus
- Bus Safety Week – Getting Off the Bus Safely.
- Long weekend Bus Services
- Contactless payments with the Flexibus Digital Wallet.
- Proud to be part of Pambula Village #shoplocal #pambulavillage
- Be Covid Safe. Check in everyone, every time.
- Bus Safety – Driving near buses
- Slow down to 40km/h when bus lights are flashing
- UPDATED COVID ADVICE RE FACE MASK RULES
- National Road Safety Week – 23rd May
- National Road Safety Week – 22nd May
- National Road Safety Week – 21st May
- National Road Safety Week – 20th May
- National Road Safety Week – 19th May
- National Road Safety Week -Tuesday 18th May
- National Road Safety Week Monday 17th May
- National Road Safety Week 16 – 23 May 2021
- Heavy Diesel Mechanic Wanted
- Another fantastic month for our On-Demand Flexibus
- Easter Bus timetables
- School bus update for 26/03/21 as of 13:00
- School bus update for 25/03/21 as of 14:00
- Update – Affected school runs for Thursday 25/03/2021
- School bus update for 24/3/2021 PM run
- Happy St Patrick’s Day!
- Bus Safety Week 22 – 28 February 2021
- Bus Safety – Getting off the Bus
- Bus safety – Travelling on the Bus
- Bus safety – Waiting for the Bus
- Burnima Homestead & Bombala’s Historic Sites – 27th October 2020
- Schools nearly Out, Parents Look Out!
- Plan and Track School Buses in Real-time
- Sapphire Seniors Trivia Day
- Truffle Hunt & Luncheon 26th August 2020
- SCB has a Fresh New Website
- Flexibus On Demand turns 1
- Concession travel for Veteran Affair Gold card holders
- We’re hiring bus drivers!
- Information and advice on the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- New On Demand public transport Trial revamped in the Bega Valley Shire