There is a plethora of excellent options for senior tours and day trips that can be taken by bus on the Sapphire Coast and the wider Bega Valley region. The area is blessed with stunning coastlines, lush rainforest, rolling hills and pristine farmland, as well as plenty of history and attractions to experience on a bus trip for seniors.
Here are some ideas to get you started.
History and culture
If you’re interested in culture and heritage, the Bega Valley has a lot to offer. The area is home to the Bega Cheese Heritage Centre, the Tathra Wharf Museum and the Old Bega Courthouse, among other historical sites. There are also plenty of art galleries and museums to explore, as well as markets and festivals that celebrate local culture and traditions.
Attractions and activities
In addition to history and culture, the area is adorned with natural attractions and plenty of activities for seniors to enjoy. The beaches are a big drawcard, with plenty of spots for swimming, surfing, fishing and whale watching. There are also plenty of National Parks to see, as well as golf courses, wineries and other tourist destinations.
We just mentioned wineries, but they definitely deserve their own section. The Bega Valley is well-known for its wine production, with dozens of wineries in the area. Some of them offer tours and tastings, so it’s a great way to learn about the wine-making process while also sampling some local fare. A hop-on, hop-off bus tour of local wineries for seniors is truly an enticing way to spend the day – and not just for seniors either.
When it comes to culinary experiences, the Bega Valley has some of the best in Australia. What better way to learn about it than on a food tour? You’ll get to try local dishes and learn about the region’s cuisine’s history and culture. There are several different food tours to choose from, so you’re sure to find one that’s right for you.
What is Sapphire Seniors?
Sapphire Seniors is a travel club for people over the age of 50. We specialise in local day tours and offer members and guests a fantastic opportunity to enjoy our local sites and day tours in a casual, friendly setting, with trips tailored to most levels of mobility. Our courteous drivers, modern vehicle fleet, and travel industry expertise ensure that your journey is spectacular.
To join the group, all you need is a simple membership and you’re good to go. Then you can tell us about the kinds of day trips and activities you’d like to do. When you join, you will also receive a 10% discount voucher to use on your next day tour. View our available tours here.
Sapphire Coast Bus Tours offers a variety of day tours for locals, seniors, cruise ship passengers and visiting tourists to suit a wide range of interests or we can tailor a day tour to your specific group’s needs. To discuss your next tour and how we can assist, get in touch with our friendly team at (02) 6495 6452.
- Happy holidays! Introducing the Flexibus Pass for unlimited travel these school holidays
- Planning a Successful Group Tour with Sapphire Coast Buslines
- Introducing the new Yutong mini charter coach– perfect for day tours, school excursions, group charters and weddings
- Easter Break
- Back to School Bus Travel Information
- Australia Day Public Holiday
- Hops Farm & Gin Tasting Tour
- Paint & Sip on the Sapphire Coast
- Ideas for senior tours and day trips on the Sapphire Coast
- Heading to the Wanderer Festival? Travel in comfort with Sapphire Buslines
- Christmas & New Year Bus Timetable
- Temporary Road Closure, Church Street Bega.
- Bus Training Program & Cert III in Driving Operations
- Don’t overtake turning buses
- “DO NOT OVERTAKE TURNING VEHICLE” Road Rule Change
- Main Street Bus Stops Now Open
- Bus Driver Training Program 2021
- Don’t forget your Bus Pass kids!
- Main Street Bus Stops Temporarily Closed
- Bus Stop Changes for SCB & Flexibus
- Bus Safety Week – Getting Off the Bus Safely.
- Long weekend Bus Services
- Contactless payments with the Flexibus Digital Wallet.
- Proud to be part of Pambula Village #shoplocal #pambulavillage
- Be Covid Safe. Check in everyone, every time.
- Bus Safety – Driving near buses
- Slow down to 40km/h when bus lights are flashing
- UPDATED COVID ADVICE RE FACE MASK RULES
- National Road Safety Week – 23rd May
- National Road Safety Week – 22nd May
- National Road Safety Week – 21st May
- National Road Safety Week – 20th May
- National Road Safety Week – 19th May
- National Road Safety Week -Tuesday 18th May
- National Road Safety Week Monday 17th May
- National Road Safety Week 16 – 23 May 2021
- Heavy Diesel Mechanic Wanted
- Another fantastic month for our On-Demand Flexibus
- Easter Bus timetables
- School bus update for 26/03/21 as of 13:00
- School bus update for 25/03/21 as of 14:00
- Update – Affected school runs for Thursday 25/03/2021
- School bus update for 24/3/2021 PM run
- Happy St Patrick’s Day!
- Bus Safety Week 22 – 28 February 2021
- Bus Safety – Getting off the Bus
- Bus safety – Travelling on the Bus
- Bus safety – Waiting for the Bus
- Burnima Homestead & Bombala’s Historic Sites – 27th October 2020
- Schools nearly Out, Parents Look Out!
- Plan and Track School Buses in Real-time
- Sapphire Seniors Trivia Day
- Truffle Hunt & Luncheon 26th August 2020
- SCB has a Fresh New Website
- Flexibus On Demand turns 1
- Concession travel for Veteran Affair Gold card holders
- We’re hiring bus drivers!
- Information and advice on the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- New On Demand public transport Trial revamped in the Bega Valley Shire