Mallacoota Coastal Adventure – Tuesday 28th November
Mallacoota is a hidden gem in the East Gippsland region of Victoria, Australia. The town is located on the edge of the Croajingolong National Park and is surrounded by beautiful, untouched wilderness. Joining our travel club for this day tour is the perfect way to explore all that this stunning area has to offer.
The day will begin with a self guided tour of The Mallacoota Bunker Museum, it is a unique experience that takes you through the history of the area and its role in World War II.
You will then jump on board the MV Loch-Ard Circa 1910 for a 2-1/2 hour boat cruise of the magnificent Lake and rivers where you will have the chance to spot some of the local bird life, which includes pelicans, black swans, and various species of cormorants.
Overall, this tour is the perfect way to experience the natural beauty and history of Mallacoota. Don’t miss out on this opportunity to explore one of Victoria’s most picturesque destinations.
A minimum of 20 Pax is required for the tour to go ahead. Refer to the website for full terms and conditions.
- Tour of Mallacoota WWII Bunker Museum
- M.V. Loch-Ard Circa 1910
- Itinerary & Pick up information
- What to bring
- Fitness level
- Reviews (0)
The day tour offers two fantastic activities you won’t want to miss.
Experience an unforgettable Day Tour with a Boat Cruise on the MV Loch-Ard and a self-guided Tour of the WWII Bunker Museum.
- Scenic Bus Transfer with Sapphire Coast Buslines
- Self Guided tour of the Mallacoota Bunker Museum
- 2 1/2 hr boat tour of the magnificent Lakes & river aboard the MV Loch-Ard Circa 1910
- Morning tea and light lunch included
Read for yourself here are some of the reviews from Trip Advisor
Tour of Mallacoota WWII Bunker Museum
Mallacoota Bunker is a historical site located in Victoria, Australia. It was built during World War II as a lookout and defense post against potential attacks from Japanese submarines. Today, visitors can take a tour of the bunker to learn about its history and significance.
The tour starts with a brief documentary titled “Secrets From The Mallacoota Bunker” This gives visitors a rounded history of Mallacoota from the 1880’s to the end of WW11. Visitors can then explore the various rooms and areas of the bunker, including the lookout tower, ammunition store, and living quarters.
M.V. Loch-Ard Circa 1910
If you are looking for a unique and memorable experience, cruising the magnificent lakes and rivers of Mallacoota aboard the historic M.V. Loch-Ard Circa 1910 is an excellent choice. Here are some additional details that might interest you:
- The M.V. Loch-Ard Circa 1910 is a beautifully restored steamship that has been in operation for over a century. It offers a glimpse into the past, with its elegant design and vintage features.
- The cruise takes you through some of the most stunning natural scenery in the region, including the Croajingolong National Park and the Mallacoota Inlet. You can expect to see an abundance of wildlife, including dolphins, seals, and sea eagles.
- The crew of the M.V. Loch-Ard Circa 1910 are knowledgeable and friendly. They will provide you with interesting information about the history of the ship and the surrounding area.
- The cruise is suitable for all ages and is a great way to spend time with family and friends. Whether you want to relax and soak up the scenery or learn more about the history of Mallacoota, the M.V. Loch-Ard Circa 1910 has something for everyone.
Overall, cruising the magnificent lakes and rivers of Mallacoota aboard the historic M.V. Loch-Ard Circa 1910 is an unforgettable experience that should not be missed.
Itinerary & Pick up information
Sapphire Coast Buslines is providing a central pick up & drop off service in Pambula, Merimbula, Tura Beach, Eden & Bega* (*Conditions apply on request)
What to bring
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Jacket or warm clothing (can get chilly)
- Sun cream
- A medium level of fitness is required as there is walking involved.