Ticketing & Travel Without Cash Options
Tickets can be purchased on board the bus but with cash only. When boarding the bus advise the driver of your destination and if you are entitled to a concession. Please be sure to have a fare ready in coins and small notes as large notes cannot be changed. Retain your ticket until the end of your journey.
Ticketing & Fares
- Single / One Way Tickets: One way tickets can be purchased on the bus and if you are required to change buses to complete your journey a through ticket can be purchased when boarding the first bus which will save the “flag fall” component of buying separate tickets. You must retain your ticket and board next available service.
- Return Tickets: Return tickets can be purchased which discounts your total fare both ways by 10%, the return journey must be used on the same day of purchase. Advise the driver when boarding you would like to purchase a return ticket and ticket must be retained for the return trip.
- Daily Tickets: A daily ticket is available which will allow unlimited daily travel. The correct daily ticket value must be purchased for the longest single leg of travel. Daily adult tickets start from $7.00 for short trips and are a handy option if you need to make several trips in a day.
- Adult Fares: Passengers 16 years and over without a valid concession must pay an adult fare.
- Concession Fares: A range of concessions could entitle you to buy a concession ticket which is half of an adult fare or free travel . To see if you are eligible please go to the Transport for NSW concession website. Please note concession entitlements do not extend to dependents listed on the reverse of Pensioner Concession Cards and we do not accept Centrelink Health Care Cards for concession travel. To claim a concession fare, you need to present your Concession Card to the driver when boarding the bus.
- Free Travel: A range of concessions could entitle you to free travel such a vision impairment or Veteran’s passes. To see if you are eligible please go to the Transport for NSW concession website. To travel free you need to present your Concession Card to the driver when boarding the bus.
We have RED (Regional Excursion Daily) tickets available allowing passengers to hop on and off the buses all day for the cost of $2.50. To be eligible you must be a holder of a:
- NSW Seniors Card
- NSW, Victorian or ACT Pensioner Concession Card
- NSW War Widow/er Transport Concession Card
- Asylum Seekers Transport Concession Entitlement Card
For more information please go to the Transport for NSW concession website.
Instead of the fare price increasing the further you travel, there are now 10 standard fare bands across regional NSW. Under the previous fare structure, the fare for one section was $2.30 or $3.40 for two sections. Under the new structure, customers will pay a maximum of $2.30 for one or two sections. Note each section is 1.6kms or a mile.
Travel Without Cash Options
There are a range of options where you can pre-purchase tickets for specific routes or destinations. These are sold in bundles of 10, 20, 30 or 50 where bundles of 20 or more are discounted from the normal fare.
To obtain your Pre-Purchase Tickets you can purchase over the phone. Your tickets can be posted, collected from our office at 39 Redfern Close, South Pambula or can be arranged to be collected from a driver on the bus.
A rechargeable card that can be used to pre-purchase credit similar to Opal or Miki cards. This handy discount debit card the size of your keycard allows you to travel anytime without the need for cash. Please note we are located outside the Opal network and as such Opal Cards will not work on our buses.
Every trip is discounted on usual fare costs – 10% on all single journeys and over 20% on all return journeys. Just top the card up as needed with your bus driver. The SCB Card is transferable between family and friends and no PIN is required to use it.
To obtain your SCD Card you can purchase online below or over the phone. Your card can be posted, collected from our office at 39 Redfern Close, South Pambula or can be arranged to be collected from a driver on the bus.
Please note there is an $11 initial fee for SCB card that is refundable if card is return once no longer needed.
|Fare Band||Number of Sections||Maximum Adult Single Trip Fares||Adult Daily|
|1||1 – 2||$2.30||$6.90|
|2||3 – 6||$3.40||$9.10|
|3||7 – 15||$4.90||$12.10|
|4||16 – 25||$7.20||$16.70|
|5||26 – 37||$9.60||$21.50|
|6||38 – 56||$14.40||$31.10|
|7||57 – 75||$20.80||$43.90|
|8||76 – 100||$29.20||$60.70|
|9||101 – 125||$38.70||$79.70|