HOT LINKS: Please download our latest school parent newsletter or school information presentation which we hope answers all your questions about School Free Travel. You can also navigate around our website for extra information. If you still have questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us.

What if my child requires joint-dual custody?

A separate SSTS application should be made by each parent (or by the student if aged 16 or over) for each address. Applications for subsidised travel for Friday afternoons and Monday mornings only (to cover weekend access visits) are not eligible under the Scheme.
You do not in the first instance need to provide a court order or statutory declaration to Transport for NSW (TfNSW) for shared parental responsibility situations. However, TfNSW in its discretion reserves the right to request these or further evidence documents if required for the purposes of determining eligibility for subsidised travel from both parents’ addresses.
If you are in a shared parental responsibility situation where a School Pass has been approved and you change your address or your child changes school, you must submit an updated application.

My child had a pass last year, do I need to complete another application this year?

A new school travel pass will automatically be issued at the start of the new school year with the following exceptions:

You will need to do a new application if:

  • Applying for a school travel pass for the first time
  • Enrolling in Kindergarten
  • Requesting an additional pass as a result of a new shared parental responsibility situation (e.g. joint custody).

You will need to do an update application if the student has a current school travel pass and:

  • Your home to school free travel period expired.
  • The student is progressing from Year 6 to Year 7 unless the school attending is K-12 (Sapphire Coast Anglican College or Lumen Christi)
  • The student’s circumstances change, e.g. name, change of school, home address or school year outside of the usual progression.

Where do I get a Blue form from?

  • In May 2016 NSW Transport changed the way parents apply for School Free Travel and it is an online application process, so the blue forms no longer exist.

What happens if my child catches the wrong bus or fails to disembark at the right stop?

If your child does not turn up at the right stop, don’t panic; ring us here at the Pambula office on (02) 6495 6452. We will radio through to our drivers and locate your child and we will organise to have the bus meet you at another stop or if possible divert the bus at an appropriate point back to your stop.

What happens if my child loses something on the bus?

If you think your child has left something on the bus, just give us a call.  We have a comprehensive Lost Property System where we make every attempt to return property to its rightful owner.

What if my child is not eligible for School Free Travel?

If your child is not eligible for free subsidised travel, alternatives include:

  • Purchasing an SCB Term or Annual Pass
  • Paying a bus fare each time you travel

The cost of a term pass is $50 per term or $180 per year. This entitles you to limitless bus travel on those routes during the school term Monday to Friday. You can purchase online HERE. For more information call our office.  Application forms are also available from our drivers.

What if my child needs to catch another bus that is not their regular home to school bus?

For students that need to travel to locations OTHER than home or school, to and from extra-curricular activities a Term or Annual Pass is the way to go.

The cost of a term pass is $50 per term or $180 per year. This entitles you to limitless bus travel on those routes during the school term Monday to Friday. You can purchase online HERE. For more information call our office.  Application forms are also available from our drivers.

What can I tell my child about behaviour on the bus?

Please remember that there is a strict Code of Conduct for all students traveling under the SSTS scheme must adhere to. Breaches of the Code will not be tolerated and will result in disciplinary action, including possible suspension from free travel. If you feel your child is having any trouble on the bus, please call us and we will ensure the driver is aware of the situation. Our drivers are trained to deal with various issues such as special needs children, shyness, bullying and swearing.

More information about student code of conduct can be found on the Transport for NSW website at

A copy of the Guidelines is available on the Transport for NSW website at

Primary and High School children on the same bus

In some school bus situations, there will be a mixture of both primary and high school children.  It is company policy that the high school children sit at the back of the bus, and the primary children are seated at the front nearest the driver.

Lost or Damaged Bus Passes

Please look after your school travel pass. If you lose or damage your pass to the point of it being illegible, you will need to pay $15 for a replacement pass which can be done online from the SCB website, at our office in South Pambula or over the phone. You may also complete a form and hand to the driver with cash or cheque.

Contact Numbers

When filling in your SSTS Application Form online, please ensure that the contact number is one that we can contact you on during school hours and school traveling hours. The field is optional when applying but if left blank we will be unable to contact you if your child loses something on the bus, is sick on the bus, misses their regular stop, gets on the wrong bus or there is no one there at the bus stop to meet your child.

Who is driving your children to school?

Sapphire Coast Buslines prides itself on its driver training and employment practices. In line with Guidelines set out by Transport for NSW and the RTA, all our drivers have a Driver Authority, Medium Rigid License or higher and a current Working with Children Police Check.  Our drivers are also offered customer service training, Certificate in Transport Distribution and training in working with customers who may have special needs.

Still have questions?

Phone our friendly staff on (02) 6495 6452 or send us an enquiry.