Terms and Conditions
- Flexibus is an on-demand transport business operated by Sapphire Coast Buslines Pty Limited (ACN 161 180 776) (‘SCB’)
- The following Terms and Conditions (the ‘Terms’) govern the use of the Flexibus services, the Flexibus website (the ‘Website’) and the associated application (‘the App’).
- SCB reserves the right to alter the Terms as required without notice. At any time, the latest version of these Terms will be available from the Website www.scbuslines.com.au/public-bus-services/flexibus-on-demand.
- SCB reserves the right to terminate some or all of the Flexibus Services, terminate the contractual relationship established above without prior notice.
Booking of Services
- Bookings for the Flexibus service can be made through the Flexibus App, or alternatively calling the Flexibus team on (02) 6495 6452 during weekday business hours (8:00am to 5:00pm) and Saturday (9:30am to 2:30pm).
- All customers will be required to establish a Flexibus account. This will occur at the point of installing the App or when making a telephone-based booking.
- Personal information (information or an opinion about passengers), collected from passengers, such as name, contact details, or sensitive information (including information about mobility/access requirements) (together with Personal Information) collected by Flexibus may be disclosed to Transport for New South Wales (TfNSW).
TfNSW may disclose such personal information to other Australian government agencies. These government agencies may use Personal Information for any purpose relating to the exercise of their government functions. Such Personal information may also to be disclosed to other third parties if required by law.
TfNSW may also use passenger contact details to conduct surveys relating to the provision of the service provided by Flexibus.
By using these services provided by Flexibus, passengers consent to the collection, use and disclosure of their Personal information in the manner outlined above.
- By establishing a Flexibus account, you consent to SCB contacting you via text or email in relation to provision of Flexibus services. SCB will not send you promotional material or advertising via text or email without your express consent.
- It is the customer’s responsibility to ensure that the details registered to their Flexibus account are kept updated (including contact and payment details).
- Accepted credit and debit cards are Visa and Mastercard.
- The App is available to download from the Google Play and the Apple App Store.
- The App requires an active internet connection, for which the customer will be responsible for any incurred costs and data charges.
- When downloading the Flexibus App from a third-party platform, it is your responsibility to review the relevant third-party conditions of use and privacy policies.
- It is the customers responsibility to ensure that other persons do not access their Flexibus account.
- SCB provides no representations or warranties;
- As to the fitness for a particular purpose of the Flexibus services or the use of the Website or App;
- That the Website or App are free from defects or viruses;
- That the Website and the App will be error free; or
- In relation to the infringement of third-party intellectual property rights.
- From time to time, the Website and the App may be unavailable due to maintenance or repair requirements. Where possible, Flexibus will provide you with advanced warning of scheduled maintenance of the App or Website and will use reasonable endeavours to ensure the disruption is minimised. Flexibus will not accept liability for any direct or indirect loss incurred by customers as a result of:
- The unavailability of the App or Website;
- Use of the App or Website; or
- Any defects or virus transmitted to the customer’s computer equipment in accessing the App or Website.
- From time to time, Flexibus may require upgrades be installed in the respect of the App.
- Flexibus prohibits the linking of the App or Website from third party websites.
- The App has been designed for use solely in Australia and SCB does not accept responsibility for compliance with laws or other requirements in any other country.
- To use the Flexibus service you must have a valid booking. A valid booking is a booking for which you have received confirmation either through the App, SMS, email or verbal; booking receipt number.
- When boarding the Flexibus service the customer will be required to present a valid booking confirmation, either printed or displayed on an electronic device, or by quoting a booking reference number from the call centre.
- The Flexibus service facilitates multiple passenger bookings to be made in a single transaction (subject to availability). The customer is responsible for selecting the correct number of passengers when making the booking.
- A booking will only be validated where capacity exists on the bus. In the event that there is no available capacity for the customer’s selected journey, an alternate time will be suggested. Flexibus does not guarantee availability for all requested journeys.
- Passengers will not be provided with a specific designated seat on the bus.
- Passengers must not place any part of their body outside the vehicle while the vehicle is moving.
- All services are wheelchair accessible, however there is only a single space available on each bus. The App includes a selection option to reserve a wheelchair space. It is the customer’s responsibility to ensure that the wheelchair selection is made at the time of booking to ensure that the necessary space is available on the service.
- Passengers will be picked-up and set-down only at the stops designated in the App or the service map provided on the website.
- Flexibus services cannot be waved, hailed or flagged down. All bookings must be made in advance and it is the customer’s responsibility to ensure they are ready at the Flexibus pick up point at the designated time.
- Registered users of Flexibus services must be 16 years old or above. Children under 7 years old are not permitted to board Flexibus services without an accompanied paid passenger.
- Use of Flexibus services is at the customer’s own risk. We encourage customers to consider carefully whether the Flexibus services will meet their requirements.
- While SCB will endeavour to ensure services operate reliably and punctually, there may be circumstances where Flexibus services are delayed or cancelled. SCB will not be liable for any costs incurred by a customer as a result of cancelled or delayed services, including consequential damages or the cost of alternative travel arrangements, including without limitation, for any failure to meet a subsequent journey on any form of transport.
- Customers may carry small luggage items on board (subject to vehicle capacity) however oversized items including surfboards and bicycles are not permitted. Customers are solely responsible for all baggage brought on board Flexibus services and SCB will not be liable for loss, theft, or damage to baggage or personal effects.
- It is a condition of carriage that no food or alcohol is consumed on Flexibus services, and the services are strictly non-smoking. SCB requires customers to respect their fellow passengers and not use offensive language or behaviour while on Flexibus services.
- SCB may charge customers an additional amount for cleaning or repair of the vehicle, where damage or soiling is caused by the customer.
- SCB may refuse carriage to customers, or remove passengers from its vehicle if, in the opinion of SCB, the person:
- appears to be under the influence of drugs or alcohol to such a level that they may pose a threat to themselves, to others or to property;
- is objectionable, violent, aggressive, disorderly or unruly towards other persons;
- is causing discomfort or offence to other persons, including passengers;
- brings on baggage that may put the safety of the vehicle or the safety or health of any person in the vehicle in danger or at risk;
- breaks any law; or
- disobeys any reasonable instruction of the driver of the Flexibus service.
Payment and Pricing
- All fares are payable to SCB.
- Fares for the On-Demand services are the same as regular passenger service fares.
- SCB reserves the right to alter fares at any time without prior notice.
- Concession / entitlement fares will require the presentation of a valid concession card to the driver.
- Bookings may be cancelled by the customer without incurring any cost up until 20 minutes prior to the confirmed collection time. In these circumstances, the transaction will be cancelled and will not appear on the customer’s credit/debit card statement.
- Where a journey is cancelled later than 20 minutes before the confirmed collection time, no refund will be provided.
- No refund will be provided to the customer in the event that they are not at the confirmed collection point at the confirmed collection time.
- SCB reserves the right to refuse carriage to customers that are unable to demonstrate payment of the required fare.
Ownership of Intellectual Property
- CB retains exclusive ownership of all intellectual property associated with the Flexibus App, the Website and the Flexibus Services, including images, trademarks, photographs and text.
- Reproduction, modification, publishing, displaying, transmitting and selling of the content included on the Website and App is prohibited.
- You agree to indemnify SCB and its related parties, together with their directors, officers, employees, suppliers, volunteers, and agents from and against any claims, actions, liabilities, losses and expenses arising from or in connection with:
- the use of the App, the Website or Flexibus services;
- your breach of any of these Terms;
- violation of the rights of any third parties, including providers and other users; and
SCB welcomes your feedback and encourages customers to suggest ways we can improve our services. If you have feedback or a complaint regarding Flexibus services, or have a lost property query, please contact us by phone on (02) 6495 6452 or email us on .
Suspension or Termination of Account
Limitation of Liability
- The use of the Website, App and Flexibus services is at your own risk.
- SCB and its related entities are not liable for any direct or indirect loss, damages, or expenses caused or contributed to by your use of the App, the Website or Flexibus services, regardless of the cause of action.
- These Terms constitute the entire agreement between SCB and its customers in relation to the Flexibus services.
- These Terms will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of New South Wales. The parties agree that the courts of New South Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction to determine any disputes arising under these Terms or in relation to the Website, App or Flexibus services.
- In the event any provision of these Terms is invalid, illegal or unenforceable, that provision will be ineffective and may be severed from the Terms without invalidating the remainder of the provisions of these Terms.