Sapphire Coast Buslines are always looking for bus drivers and heavy diesel mechanics. If you are looking for a career with versatility, security and a great working environment,we’d love to hear from you.
The benefits of becoming a bus driver
Working for Sapphire Coast Buslines offers opportunities for career growth and comes with a healthy salary. The driver of a tour bus, kids’ school bus or corporate event bus can have a rewarding career and enjoy a friendly working environment. If you are looking for a change or seeking a position that provides ongoing training alongside interaction with people from all walks of life, a bus driver or mechanic job may be for you.
Benefits of becoming a bus driver with Sapphire Coast Buslines include:
Drivers for school bus excursions could have appealing hours, especially if you want your evenings free. Other positions have different schedules and require after business hours but offer a few days off between jobs. Corporate, wedding and cruise ship bus drivers and mechanics can expect to work nights and weekends. That said, we recognise the importance of allowing our bus drivers to get time off and ample time for rest. When you work for a respected company like Sapphire Coast Buslines, you will know your schedule in advance so you can plan ahead.
Opportunities for career growth
Changes within your position with a company with a large fleet are possible. Sapphire Coast Buslines offer a large fleet which includes school buses, tour buses and corporate buses. You may try driving locals and visitors around the Sapphire Coast and realise you prefer driving a school bus or you may begin with school buses and transition to wedding and cruise ship transportation. Each sector of driving has its own set of working hours and benefits. The opportunities with Sapphire Coast Buslines are vast.
Competitive wages and benefits
As of December 2022, our casual drivers receive [INSERT HOURLY WAGE] per hour plus a Drivers Conductor allowance. In addition to competitive wages and benefits, Sapphire Coast Buslines ensures all our drivers have extensive training and support.
You’ll become a local knowledge expert
When passengers jump on board with Sapphire Coast Buslines, our drivers ensure they don’t miss a thing. Our drivers live and breathe the Sapphire Coast and are passionate about making sure passengers enjoy the absolute best that the NSW Far South Coast has to offer.
Close-knit driving community
As a bus driver for a short trip or school pickup, you may be the only one at the wheel. However, you’re not alone. The community of bus drivers at Sapphire Coast Buslines is supportive and friendly. Most of our drivers and heavy diesel mechanics find their work satisfying.
Bus drivers and mechanics are respected members of the community
Bus drivers and heavy diesel mechanics have a huge responsibility to the public as people’s lives are in their hands. School bus drivers must keep hundreds of children safe every day, while the driver of a wedding bus has the important job of getting guests to the wedding on time. These responsibilities add a sense of pride to the career, and bus driving rewards those who take it seriously and do it well. What a privilege to be trusted by so many people!
Clean and comfortable working environment
Our charter bus is a clean and comfortable 57-seater bus with air conditioning, a DVD/CD player, PA system, seatbelts, window blinds, personal lighting and individual air vents.
The benefits of becoming a heavy diesel mechanic
Our mechanics at Sapphire Coast Buslines benefit from a well-appointed workshop in great condition with tools and uniform provided. Our reliable mechanics team maintains a fleet of 40 buses, 5 days a week. Our mechanics must be self-starters and qualified heavy diesel mechanics with good diagnostic skills and an MVRIA NSW license. A heavy rigid license is an advantage. Mechanics must be willing to obtain a Drivers Authority and Working with Children check.
Do you have what it takes to be a bus driver or mechanic with Sapphire Coast Buslines?
If you love people and enjoy interacting with the public, you’re off to a great start! Bus drivers require excellent time management skills and the ability to stay on schedule. Safe driving, a Working with Children Check, medium-rigid license and a Drivers Authority are essential.
Our drivers and mechanics are the reason our company is so well respected and successful. We are always looking for enthusiastic and talented team members to join our family. You can find Sapphire Coast Buslines on Facebook.
- Happy holidays! Introducing the Flexibus Pass for unlimited travel these school holidays
- Planning a Successful Group Tour with Sapphire Coast Buslines
- Introducing the new Yutong mini charter coach– perfect for day tours, school excursions, group charters and weddings
- Easter Break
- Back to School Bus Travel Information
- Australia Day Public Holiday
- Hops Farm & Gin Tasting Tour
- Paint & Sip on the Sapphire Coast
- Ideas for senior tours and day trips on the Sapphire Coast
- Heading to the Wanderer Festival? Travel in comfort with Sapphire Buslines
- Christmas & New Year Bus Timetable
- Temporary Road Closure, Church Street Bega.
- Bus Training Program & Cert III in Driving Operations
- Don’t overtake turning buses
- “DO NOT OVERTAKE TURNING VEHICLE” Road Rule Change
- Main Street Bus Stops Now Open
- Bus Driver Training Program 2021
- Don’t forget your Bus Pass kids!
- Main Street Bus Stops Temporarily Closed
- Bus Stop Changes for SCB & Flexibus
- Bus Safety Week – Getting Off the Bus Safely.
- Long weekend Bus Services
- Contactless payments with the Flexibus Digital Wallet.
- Proud to be part of Pambula Village #shoplocal #pambulavillage
- Be Covid Safe. Check in everyone, every time.
- Bus Safety – Driving near buses
- Slow down to 40km/h when bus lights are flashing
- UPDATED COVID ADVICE RE FACE MASK RULES
- National Road Safety Week – 23rd May
- National Road Safety Week – 22nd May
- National Road Safety Week – 21st May
- National Road Safety Week – 20th May
- National Road Safety Week – 19th May
- National Road Safety Week -Tuesday 18th May
- National Road Safety Week Monday 17th May
- National Road Safety Week 16 – 23 May 2021
- Heavy Diesel Mechanic Wanted
- Another fantastic month for our On-Demand Flexibus
- Easter Bus timetables
- School bus update for 26/03/21 as of 13:00
- School bus update for 25/03/21 as of 14:00
- Update – Affected school runs for Thursday 25/03/2021
- School bus update for 24/3/2021 PM run
- Happy St Patrick’s Day!
- Bus Safety Week 22 – 28 February 2021
- Bus Safety – Getting off the Bus
- Bus safety – Travelling on the Bus
- Bus safety – Waiting for the Bus
- Burnima Homestead & Bombala’s Historic Sites – 27th October 2020
- Schools nearly Out, Parents Look Out!
- Plan and Track School Buses in Real-time
- Sapphire Seniors Trivia Day
- Truffle Hunt & Luncheon 26th August 2020
- SCB has a Fresh New Website
- Flexibus On Demand turns 1
- Concession travel for Veteran Affair Gold card holders
- We’re hiring bus drivers!
- Information and advice on the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- New On Demand public transport Trial revamped in the Bega Valley Shire